Bauer RE-AKT 95 Helmet
The Bauer RE-AKT 95 Helmet is built for players who want elite protection, comfort and fit without breaking the bank. The RE-AKT 95 is also a great replacement choice for anyone who loved their IMS 9.0 helmet, as this is a significant update with a nearly identical fit and feel.
Bauer packed the RE-AKT 95 full of their most advanced materials like the dual-layer Poron XRD Foam temple pads and the VTX Foam base liner. Poron XRD is the most protective foam Bauer offers, while the VTX Foam is 31% lighter and 18% more protective than the competition's EPP foam. IX-Foam is another elite foam that was strategically used in the RE-AKT 95 to eliminate gaps in protection that traditional helmets often overlook.
The Next-Gen Suspend-Tech Liner utilizes a free-floating design that allows it to move independently of the helmet to further reduce absorbed impact energy. These multi-density foams also have moisture channels that keep sweat out of the player's eyes and evaporates it rapidly. The RE-AKT 95 boasts the new Occipital Lock 3.0 that is spring loaded and has three different height adjustment options for the perfect lock. Also at the rear is the tool-less, locking, front-to-back adjustment that's easy to dial in on the fly.
Since the IMS 9.0 helmet experienced tremendous success, Bauer wanted to make sure its fans still had an option in their lineup. Bauer 3D scanned the IMS 9.0 so that they could build the RE-AKT 95 with the great same fit and feel, just with significant protective upgrades. Please note that the RE-AKT 95 does run smaller than the IMS 9.0; review the sizing chart below before making a purchase.
- Heritage: IMS 9.0 & 11.0 Hybrid
- Level of Play Guideline: Elite
- Head Shape Guideline: Round
- Poron XRD Foam dual-layer temple pads
- Bauer's most advanced and protective foam designed for repeated impacts of all energy levels
- VTX Foam base liner
- Exceptionally lightweight foam that manages both high and low impacts
- 31% lighter and 18% more protective than traditional EPP Foam
- Advanced, molded foam that provides unparalleled coverage for low and mid energy impacts
- Strategically located throughout key areas to eliminate gaps in protection
- Next-Gen SuspendTech free-floating liner system
- Exclusive to Bauer, the multi-density free-floating liner moves independently from the helmet to reduce impact energy
- Variable-thickness HDPE Pro shell
- Helps to reduce weight without sacrificing protection or the pro-look
- Next Generation IMS 9.0 fit profile
- Maintains an optimal fit for round head shapes
- Bauer 3D scanned the IMS 9.0 to replicate the nearly the exact same fit profile
- RE-AKT 95 runs smaller than the IMS 9.0, make sure to read the sizing guidelines on the description tab
- Occipital Lock 3.0
- Spring-loaded with three different height adjustment positions (tool-less)
- Enlarged padding to provide a better lock regardless of height, similar feel to the IMS 11.0
- Single, tool-less and locking front-to-back adjustment system
- Quick and secure feature that does not sacrifice protection like side adjustments
- Multi-density liner construction makes for a plush, traditional fit and feel with modern day protection
- Strategically placed shell vents for better airflow
- Moisture channels help to push moisture out of the eyes and out of the helmet
- HECC, CSA approved
- Compatible with most face cages and shields/visors